In the first two weeks of the general public being asked to self-isolate as a result of coronavirus we have received over 150 offers of help. We are currently processing these applications and from time to time we may need to put a hold on accepting these offers of help to enable us to administer the ones we have received. However, please remember we work with older people who are lonely, isolated and vulnerable all year around, so if you have a couple of hours a week to spare get in touch.
Volunteers are the cornerstone of Age Connects Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan they play a vital role in everything we do and we value their contribution and commitment. Without them, our charity could not make the tremendous difference it does to the lives of older people in Cardiff and the Vale.
“When I started as a volunteer I never realised how much I would gain from helping someone. I have now gained a friend and believe I get as much from seeing her as she does from me.”
Age Connects Cardiff & the Vale publish a very informative newsletter for Volunteers.Please click here to take a look.
or post to Helen Prior, Age Connects Cardiff and the Vale, Unit 4 Cleeve House, Lambourne Crescent, Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 5GP.
You can download the application form HERE
Alternatively, please complete the form below;
We offer a range of stimulating and interesting volunteer opportunities. Over 350 people support Age Connects Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan by giving their time and skills. We could not provide our services without their invaluable help.
Here are our latest volunteer opportunities;
- We are currently looking for people to:
- help reduce older people isolation by driving them to regular activities and classes in your own car
- help older people by visiting them weekly for a chat to help reduce their isolation.
- help serve customers in our cafe in Barry
- encourage older people to get out of the house by supporting them to go to activities
- help with administration and in particular maintaining our activities database for the 50 plus.
- support people and help give them a voice through advocacy
- Help answer calls and make appointments for our nail cutting service and answer queries over the phone.
- Assist with organising and running of fundraising events and marketing campaigns
If you would like to discuss what opportunities may be right for you, please contact us
HOW TO APPLY
Complete our Volunteer Application form and post it to:
Age Connects Cardiff & Vale,
4 Cleeve House,
Cardiff CF14 5GP
If you would like to speak to the Volunteer Development Officer